Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, sweet baby girl

A year old already?  I can't believe it.  Time just keeps go faster and faster and this first year with Veronica is no exception.  After 13 years of boys, boys, boys, this first year with my first baby girl has been amazing.  When people would tell me that they hoped I would have a girl some day, I always smiled, but never really cared.  I love my boys and they are perfect. I saw no "need" for a girl and never really desired, hoped, wanted or felt the need to "try" for a girl.  Well, now that she's here, I wouldn't trade her for anything.  There are times when I catch my breath and wonder if I'm ready to raise a girl, but I know that God will give me the graces I need to raise her.

It took me a couple months for the idea of having a girl to sink in, but when she was finally here it was nothing but love at first site.  There really is something about having a daughter.  All the dreams and hopes, the wishes of sharing all those girl things with someone that you just don't share with your sons.  Tea parties, baby dolls and dress up come to mind first.  Maybe it's because I've had 5 boys before Veronica, but there really is something amazing that is hard to put into words.  It isn't that I love her more, but it's different and I can say now, I know why people always hoped I would have a  little girl.  It's more than the amazingly cute clothes (which there are a lot of) its something intangible.

So happy birthday to my sweet baby girl.  My life is forever changed now that you are here.  You have changed this entire house.  Your brothers dote over you, carry you around, bend over backwards to make you happy.  You want for nothing with them around.  I don't know who's more in love with you, me and Daddy, or your 5 adoring older brothers.  You have brought a love into their lives that they never knew before.  You smile and they melt, from Samuel (who says you are his "best buddy") to Grant who tells me he knows where all his money will be going.  I find them carrying you, spinning you, holding you, hugging you, playing with you, comforting you and just generally loving you.  I don't think any of us can imagine life without in it.  I know this next year is going to be just as amazing as the first.

And what entry would be complete without some pictures?  Definitely not a birthday entry.

It's virtually impossible to get a picture of Veronica alone.  I thought I was taking a picture of her eating breakfast and before I knew it, Augustin popped out.  He had been hiding behind the highchair waiting for his opportunity to get in on a picture.

















Not walking yet, but definitely getting around





















Wishing she could get over the gate to follow the boys upstairs





















Calling the boys, hoping someone comes to get her so she can play too











































Another picture with Augustin.  He really does love her

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I can't believe it's been a year already!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just seeing this now. I almost never get comments on anything. Thank you. She's now 14.5mo old and getting so big. Time really flies doesn't it.

      Delete