We woke up to fabulous sunny skies without a cloud in the sky and a forecast calling for sunny, warm weather. Just what we had been praying for. We were up early to finish the final prep work and get everyone dressed and out of the house a little earlier than a normal Sunday. I think Augustin was excited...Brad found him on the couch before 6am. Brad says he was sleeping; Augustin swears he was just resting. I just think he was too excited to stay in bed.
After breakfast it was time to get dressed in the much anticipated white suit.
He and I then headed outside to get some pictures in what was turning out to be a fabulous morning.
Waiting anxiously for Mass to begin. We took some pre-Mass pictures. He was so excited he was just beaming.
Praying before Mass
Beatrice
Veronica and Grandma
After Mass with Mrs. Buldoc (our DRE); he just loves her and was so happy she was at Mass today.
With Parker and Augustin. He says to me during Mass, "This is my last Sunday sitting with you. Next week I will be serving with Parker and Matthias!" He's so excited to be joining these two guys in the sanctuary as an Alter Server. I'm so excited for him, but slightly sad that he won't be sitting next to me every Sunday.
Siblings
A family photo
Grandparents
Augustin with Fr Moe and Deacon Frank
Finally...back home and time to start eating; Rosalia snacking while we get the food set out.
Decorating cupcakes the Maloney's brought. It was a group activity.
Enjoying the day with friends and family. Just a "small" gathering. We had some friends and family over. Brad and I laughed when trying to plan food. A "small" gathering was 57 people. This was comprised of 39 kids and 18 adults.
What a fabulous day filled with so many blessings and lots of great memories. We are so thankful to all those who were able to come out and celebrate with us and help make this a day Augustin will always remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment